Orbs are a reward designed to help players advance. They were introduced in the 3.3 patch on or around 21 February 2018. There are two kinds of orb rarity: minor and major. There are six kinds of orbs, each with a different effect. Orbs may be used to craft other orbs, troops, and potentially more things in the [Soulforge]. They are given as rewards for Raid Boss, Invasion, and Bounty events, and there is a small chance Gnomes might drop an orb. (Patch notes.)
Orb of Clans
These orbs award guild seals to the player, which counts towards the guild's total. They can allow the player to go over the normal maximum of 1500 seals per week.
- Minor Orb of Clans awards 300 guild seals.
- Major Orb of Clans awards 1500 guild seals.
Orb of Growth
These orbs affect a troop's level. This makes them roughly equivalent to getting free souls equivalent to the cost of that troop gaining a level. A troop's maximum level is affected by its ascension, and Orbs of Growth respect that. For example, if a troop is at Legendary rarity, an orb of growth will not be able to advance it to level 20 and will stop at 19.
- Minor Orb of Growth will advance a troop to its next level. It is "worth" the most if you are advancing a troop to level 20.
- Major Orb of Growth will advance a troop to its current ascension's maximum level. It is "worth" the most if you are advancing a Mythic troop from level 1 to level 20.
Orb of Wisdom
These orbs affect a troop's traits. This makes them roughly equivalent to the number of traitstones required for the trait conferred. These orbs are worth the most when they confer an expensive trait, such as the traits on Mythic rarity troops.
- Minor Orb of Wisdom will give the troop its next trait. For example, a troop with no traits will get its first trait, and a troop with two traits will get its third trait.
- Major Orb of Wisdom will give the troop all remaining traits. For example, a troop with no traits will get all three. A troop with two traits will get its third trait.
Orb of Ascension
Thse orbs affect a troop's ascension level. They are "worth" the number of troops that level required.
- Minor Orb of Ascension will advance the troop one ascension level. For example, an Epic troop will advance to Legendary.
- Major Orb of Ascension will advance the troop to Mythic rarity.
Orb of Power
These orbs only exist at Major rarity. They are extremely rare. A Major Orb of Power will advance a troop to Mythic rarity, increase its level to 20, and give the troop all three of its traits.